Friday, July 13, 2012

Taking Off My Fat Suit


Well, the time has arrived. True contest prep. On Saturday I will be 12 weeks out and in actual Contest Prep. Crazy! This time really has flown by. I started training back in February and am now 5 months into my training. Today I put my original pictures side by side with my progress pictures from yesterday and I sat back and looked at them, trying to pretend that I wasn't me, but was someone else looking at someone's progress pictures. And I have to say, I am kind of wowed. I DID THAT! I actually feel really proud of myself. All my hard work and dedication, even amongst some diet slip ups, even when I fell into the peanut butter jar, which I have since thrown out and completely taken out of my diet and don't plan on having in the house at all to keep myself from doing this again. 
And I have to tell anyone reading this, that seriously, if I can do this, ANYONE can do this. And no matter how many times you fall, DO NOT GIVE UP! Get yourself up off your butt and keep going!!!
I have definitely gotten discouraged and felt like I wasn't making progress, but i'll tell you, every single day counts, every little step is still one step closer. 
I am definitely not ready for the stage yet, still have a lot of work to do, but I can honestly say I am proud of myself. I have so much more self-confidence than I ever had before. I walk into the room with my head held high, my eyes forward. I have taken off my insecure fat suit and put on my new confident self! 
I am vowing to love the person I am. I have totally become a new person, transformed really. I still have my downfalls, my moments of anxiety and some depression, moments where I do stumble, but I really have become so much a stronger person who will not be walked all over. I am important! I matter. I have learned so much in this transformation so far and I know that I will be a better person for it. 
Can't wait to continue this journey.... 
I really do plan to blog more in these next 12 weeks. I have been slacking. I'm sure I'm going to have some tough moments these coming weeks, energy lacking, tough workouts, hard times with diet, but I WILL do my best, and I WILL keep my eye on the prize.
Alright, side by side pics for those who haven't seen them.




3 comments:

  1. You look awesome! Congrats!! I love reading about your journey. It's nice to read about women who struggle, just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have come a long ways and in 12 weeks you will look AWESOME on stage! Good luck. I look forward to following your journey. I just competed yesterday!

    ReplyDelete