Monday, May 14, 2012

What a weekend!!!!


Wow! where do I even begin. Well this last week was filled with anticipation. Thursday night could not get here soon enough. Thursday night I was going to meet my Soul Sister. Talia finally arrived an hour later than we originally thought due to the time change, and we hugged and took pics and it was so weird seeing her in 3-D instead of just through pics or over txt or phone call. But it was such an amazing time. We had some amazing talks, lots and lots of laughs and just good old fun. I don't even remember the last time I had so much fun with a girlfriend. I just let loose and was so myself, didn't feel I had to hold anything back about myself, all my defenses down, because she really knows me and understands me better than anyone, that soul sister connection. Our relationship I feel like is so easy. Like friends who have known each other forever. Anyone who saw us would never have guessed that we had just met in person. We even got asked by several people if we were sisters. Here's is a rundown of our weekend. Thursday we made a "cooking show" video in which we made casein pudding, Friday we got up fairly early, had my weigh in, down a pound from the week before, and went to the gym, I put her through a pretty good chest, shoulders and tris workout....Grrr....plate raises... I took her to Thrive and she got to see the nutrition club I work out of and I did a wellness eval with her too, just for fun, and of course she got a shake, Cookie Monster. Then we went and got pedicures and took my hubby birthday balloons at work, complete with noisemakers. Then we came back and just hung out for a bit and waited in anticipation for our cheat meal. If anyone wants details on our cheat meal check out pics and videos on Facebook. It was amazing! And so much the better cuz we got to share it!!!! It was EPIC! Then Saturday we got up early for a Leg workout then headed to my first bodybuilding show. It was so great! I was so glad that Talia was there with me cuz it was so much more fun than it would have been had I been alone! It was so awesome watching all the amazing physiques on stage! It really got me so excited. It gave me lots to think about regarding posing and stage presence as well as looking at the girls and seeing who had similar builds to me and wondering what I will look like on stage. It was so inspiring and I was so excited that some of my team members placed multiple times including one getting her pro-card! How cool is that. Sunday morning came all too soon and I had to drive Talia to the airport. While we were there we looked around in the souvenier shop and found these friendship voodoo dolls that we both have on our key chains. The meaning that they have is taking care of our body and mind. How appropriate for us. While we both strive to be healthy physically, so much more is our struggle to be mentally healthy. We took more pictures of which we did take lots over the course of the weekend. And we did have to say goodbye, unfortunately. But I have to say I am truly thankful for this friendship, for this bond that I have developed with someone. Friendships like this are hard to find and I will not take that for granted. This weekend really refreshed me and encouraged me. I feel inspired I feel renewed, I feel motivated. What a weekend! This morning had such a great workout as well. I feel like I have a completely new attitude. Right now that scale, while I care about the number, I know that I am working on building muscle and that scale may not change quite like I would want it to right now. But that scale does in no way measure my success. Right now I am strong. Talia did boost my ego quite a bit while she was here. I mean, I lift heavy, but I guess I really didn't realize that maybe I do lift heavier than most girls. I AM strong! I have worked FREAKING HARD to get to where I am now, just like I work my butt off every single day, with my food choices, with my workouts! And you know what, I am DAMN PROUD of where I am and how far I have come. Thank you Talia for helping me see that.
One other quick thing. I was honored to be a guest post on a blog. Here is the interview if you would like to check it out.

http://www.outerstrength-innerpeace.com/guestpostofthemonth.htm

I have so much to be thankful for and I want to say, thank you for reading this, thank you for listening to me rant, for listening to my ups and downs and I hope that I am able to encourage you in some way. Keep your head up, cuz sometimes will be tough, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel You CAN overcome! If there is any way I can help you or encourage you, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment