Monday, April 2, 2012

Caught up in the moment.

 
So it's been a week and a half since I have blogged. Let me update you on what has gone on. I have had some great weigh-ins and def seen progress! Last Friday my trainer told me he wanted me to do a refeed on Saturday after my legs workout. At first I was super puzzled. Ok, what do I need to do. He told me 50 g of extra carbs post workout along with 25 g of carbs in the next meal. So on my lunch break I went to HyVee and was thinking, hmmm... what should I have. I def wanted to make sure I still got protein in. So I browsed the store and thought bagels? HOLY CARBS! Cereal? Most had a ton of carbs. and let me tell ya, I wanted to get a lot of bang for my buck. So I decided I would modify my post workout shake, and I found PB cheerios, and decided to have an extra bowl of oatmeal with my other meal. I was able to actually have two servings of the peanut butter cheerios which were absolutely delicious, with my coconut/almond blend milk that I am absolutely in love with. It was delicious and I very much enjoyed the extra bowl of oatmeal that I got, as my oatmeal for breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. I use some stevia, Torani sugar free syrup, flax seed, egg whites , and coconut/almond milk to make a delicious, creamy concoction!
After work, as I am working Saturdays right now, being busy season for CPA firms, (only 2 more weeks till I get my Saturdays back), I had a little extra time and decided to go browse the mall a little bit. I ended up finding the cutest dress for a steal and ended up wearing it to the Fire Fighter banquet that night and I felt HOT in it. I felt good and I loved that my arms and legs were starting to really show some definition. At the banquet I ate what i guessed was about 3 oz of my salmon on the side salad that came with the meal, left everything else on the plate and felt great!
After my refeed on Saturday, weigh-in came on Monday, I could not believe my eyes. The scale, since starting my my trainer has ALWAYS been up on Monday, even the week he had me do no cheat meal I was up. I was so excited that I seriously squeeled and jumped up and down. By Friday I was down 1.5 pounds from the Friday before. So 1.1 pound down and then 1.5 pounds down? I was like, yeah buddy and I was confident I would be getting a cheat meal.
I was excited, had figured out where we were going to go for dinner on Friday, what I was going to eat, and was on pins and needles to hear from my trainer. And I waited and waited and the day seemed to drag. Finally mid-late afternoon I heard from him, "I want you to do another refeed." He wanted me to do the same post workout and do an extra 35 g of carbs to the following meal. I was thinking " are you f-ing kidding me? I worked my butt off and had 2 weeks of good weigh-ins and I don't get a f-ing cheat meal? I was not very happy, I was so bummed. I finished out the work day and on the weigh home, i seriously acted like such a baby. All I wanted to do was stick my lip out and pout and cry like a little girl who didn't get her way. I was so bummed. I knew that he knew what he was doing, but I just wanted my way.Justin actually was like, you worked hard, let's just go and have a cheat meal. I was like no, I'm not gonna do that. I 'm going to do what I'm supposed to do. I ended up emailing my trainer just because I truly was curious why he decided to go with the refeed instead of the cheat meal. He responded with "The goal is to continue to raise your metabolism (it's getting higher already).  As we do so, your body will become more insulin sensitive and be able to hand more food.  That is the goal so when we crank things up to peak for the fall, your metabolism is a V-10 engine verses a 4 cylinder." he also assured me that my cheat meals weren't over.

So I got over it. I ended up once again adjusting my post workout shake, had 1 serving of pb cheerios and a pint of Artic Zero ice cream, the mint chocolate kind. And I did enjoy it.

I was so upset for the moment, but I was not about to go against what my trainer had told me to do. I am committed no matter what my feelings may be. I WILL do whatever it takes. I really don't know why it upset me as much as it did, but I did get over it and this week will be just like every week. I am a hard worker and I give my all! I can pout and fuss and wine, but what good is it gonna do. Emotions are tricky things. You can't always control them, but you can control how you respond to them. I choose to overcome! I know that there will be times when I feel like it's too hard, like it's not worth it, but it will be. I WILL not back down! Here's to get better and better not just physically but emotionally and mentally as well!

I

2 comments:

  1. why are you placing all your life and schedule based on this trainer? I know you have a goal and a desire to reach that goal... but it seems as though when he says jump you say how hi. You have your own mind Ami. This seems very extreme.. If you are at the point of eating when, what, and how much someone tells you without your free will you have given up your control. A person other than your husband or yourself can only be allowed so much control... I am worried about you :(

    ReplyDelete