Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ordinary or Extraordinary

 
So today was not a very good day. Slept in which was a good thing, woke up nice and rested. Fixed my breakfast and as my oatmeal and egg whites and flax seed were cooking in the microwave, it spilled over the edge of the bowl and got all over the microwave. Ugh. Was putting clean dishes away, knocked over the bucket of onions I have on the counter which caused onion skin to get all over the floor. Went to bake my food for food prep for the week and the oven wouldn't turn on. Went to vacuum out my car and then wash it and as I was finishing up vacuuming it, it started raining on me. 
Ugh, not the best day. 
Eating was on track, though my water consumption is behind.
As I stated in my last blog post, I no longer have weekly cheat meals. All weekend was fine. Ate what I was supposed to right on track. Then tonight after dinner, I was finishing weighing out my chicken, Justin had fallen asleep on the couch. I started to think about the herbalife pies Justin had made in the fridge. My thinking was like, oh just put your finger in and get a little taste. So I did. I opened it up and I took a taste of the chocolate and the cookies and cream Herbalife pie. Put them back and thought about how I wanted more. I didn't have a cheat meal this week so what would a little piece do, any ordinary person would just have a piece. But I knew that little piece would most likely not stop at a little piece. So I stopped myself and went and got a nice hot bath so I could relaxingly shave my legs. While in the tub I was thinking, yes, any ordinary person would have a piece, any ordinary person would not be watching what they ate so closely, down to every carb gram. But I realized something. I am no ordinary person. I look back at all the things that I have been through. All the insecurities I have struggled with. The eating disorders. The mental struggles. All these trials have leg me to where I am and the person I am today. Why would I want to be ordinary. Why would I want to be just like any other person. I have dreams I have goals and I will not let these cravings that only last for a bit derail these dreams. 
I want this more than anything in the world! I want to prove to myself how strong of a person that I am, what I can accomplish. I am not going to beat myself up for that little taste I had, though I am going to add those macros into my food log. 
So how bout you? Are you just going to be ordinary or are you going to be extraordinary! I know what I want! Here is my resolve!

1 comment: