Monday, March 5, 2012

If you keep going, you WILL see the results!

                                  
So it has been over a week since I have been able to write. Last week was absolutely insane. I worked 50 hours, as well as all my training and Herbalife business going on. It def wore me out and I wasn't able to blog like I wanted. 
Well, I had a great week, was right on with my meal plan, had great workout and was excited to see what the scale would show me when I weighed in on Friday. So I woke up and stepped on the scale and could not believe that it was exactly the same as it had been when I weighed in on Monday. I had talked to my trainer after my weigh-in on Monday and asked him if it was normal that my weight would go up after my cheat meal over the weekend. He told me that was perfectly normal for the scale to be up Monday and be down on Friday. So when I saw the scale was exactly the same on Friday as Monday I was very frustrated. I was not sure if I should do my cheat meal, but after talking to a few people decided to go ahead and do it. I ended up having the Mexican that I planned. Fajitas complete with chips and queso followed by ice cream from Maggie Moos. Honestly I haven't even really been craving sweets but I hadn't had ice cream in well over a year and I just wanted to have some just cuz I could. And I did enjoy it while I was eating it, but after I finished my stomach felt miserable. Sugar overload when I am not used to hardly any sugar in my diet, I only even have fruit maybe twice a week.
Peanut Butter Galaxy, dark chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirled in and reeses pieces in a butterfinger waffle bowl. Holy sugar overload!
I also ended up taking progress pictures on Sunday. It had been three full weeks since I  started with Ryan so I wanted to take pics to see the changes. I could def see the difference mostly in my stomach. I showed a few friends and they told me they could see some major changes. 
Well, weigh in was this morning and once again, not happy with the scale, it went up 1.6 pounds and I was none too happy to see that
Kinda started my day out on a bad note. Discouraged, I emailed my trainer asking him what I needed to do. I anxiously waited all day long for his response and finally I got a response. He told me he was really impressed with my progress pics and could def see a big difference. 
He suggested to give myself a little more of an edge to drop my starchy carb in my afternoon meal and that he authorizes cheat meals for me when he feels my body is ready for them.
I told him I will do whatever I need to do. I am a hardworker and I will work my ass off to get to where I need to be. 
I am trying to focus on the fact that I have plenty of time, that slow progress is good progress, that the key is consistency. Just like this picture says, if I keep going I WILL see results. It is a journey, it won't happen overnight. I have to work for it! It's not something that's going to happen in an instant. It's the journey along the way that will teach me and stretch me and grow me. Things won't necessarily happen as quickly a I want or the way that I want, but I have to keep at it, trust my trainer and work my ass off! I will get there, step by step, day by day. It is all about the process. I will never give up, I will never quit.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amelia, I completely feel your frustration...and also the pride and support pouring from Ryan and your friends of the progress that is sometimes naked to our own eyes but seen by the outside world ;) We are our own worst critics! I busted my butt all week, and even did 3 1/2 hours riding at that spin event Sunday...and came out weighing the exact same this moring as I did Friday morning...and I didn't even have a cheat meal!! We have to trust Ryan, trust ourselves, and just believe in it all to come together in the end...if you are putting in the work and the effort, you are doing what you need to do <3 Good job lady, keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole. I know that without support from friends and from Ryan I wouldn't be able to do this. Having the support of those that have been there means the world. Thank you for your encouragement and the advice that you have had to give me. It means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as someone who has gone through a huge body transformation in the past 6 months and yet "ONLY" lost 2 lbs on the scale...don't put all of your emphasis and emotions on the scale. It cannot tell you what is happening inside your body so don't punish or berate yourself. You have made major changes with the pics and measurements and I'm sure if you took your body fat %; would see some major changes there, too. Hang in there and know you are doing the right thing!! <3

    ReplyDelete